Saturday, October 19, 2013

Blair Victoria Hufford! October 16th, 2013

We are in love with this girl. She is perfection and the sweetest girl I could ever even imagine. I'm so glad she is mine! She came into this world quickly and with gusto! I had a planned c-section for October 20th, but she had other ideas!

Wednesday the 16th was my first day off of work and I had some errands to run. I planned on spending the rest of the week with Sawyer, but wanted to get these things done (like getting a nail taken out of my tire) and knew it would be easier on my own. I ran all around town and then picked up Sawyer from daycare around 12:30. We hung out and home, put together a sticker foam spooky house, and relaxed. I had a doc appointment at 3:20 and at 3:00 I went to use the bathroom before we left and at that point my water broke! At least, I was 80% sure it did. I called Mike and told him he better come home, and decided to head over to my appointment anyway because I figured they would be able to tell me for sure.

I got to the parking lot of the doctors office, walked around the car to get Sawyer out of his seat, and became more aware that yes indeed, my water broke. I called the receptionist and asked her what to do, she checked with my doc and then told me that I should head over to Labor and Delivery at the hospital to be sure. Now remember, Mike is at work in Hillsboro, I have Sawyer, and we have no family in town! I drove home, grabbed my suitcase and camera, and then took Sawyer back to daycare. I called Mike's mom and arranged with her to come to Salem from Bend and pick up Sawyer from daycare, I was so thankful that this all worked out. Thank you Tiffany and Molly! Once I started driving to the daycare the contractions started. They weren't too bad but I knew that my time was limited before things got more intense. I cried after I left Sawyer and by the time I got to the hospital I was having a rough go, emotionally and physically.

I get checked in at the reception desk by about 4:20 I think, but it took until almost 5:00 for them to get me into a room. So for 30 minutes I was standing in the waiting area, alone, and having painful contractions every 3 minutes.

I finally get into a room, they confirm contractions are now coming every 2 minutes, I can't even handle the pain! They get things going really quickly and bumped back someone else's surgery so that I could get in ASAP. Mike gets there at 5:30 and I think I scared him with how much pain I was in. Sorry Mike! Labor was progressing really quickly with contractions every 1.5 to 2 minutes, I basically had no break between them and was crying with each one. I went from 6cm when I checked in to 8cm in 20 minutes and I think about 5:50 they finally got the "ok" to wheel me into the operating room. I got my spinal inserted and things were smooth sailing once that kicked in.

They started the surgery and I felt nothing, which is such a different experience with having Sawyer as I only had an epidural with that c-section. Mike was allowed to come in finally and the whole vibe of the operating room was so relaxing and calm. It was really great and the doctors and nurses really took great care of us. At 6:16 we heard her cry out! There she was! It was so awesome to hear her cry and know that she was out. I can't believe how fast this all happened! From 3:00 water breaking to a 6:16 birth! She was 8lbs 3oz and 20 1/4 inches. Her apgar scores were 9 and 9!

Anyway, we are so in love with this princess, she is incredible and I already don't know what we did without her.


 Our hospital now allows skin to skin after c-sections, one of the best moments of my life


 

I was so excited to see my Sawyer! He brought a gift for her and she had a gift for him! The first thing he said when he got into our room was "where is baby?"


I love these next two pictures, I am in my happy place - surrounded by my kids


















4 comments:

  1. I am so in love!! What a great birth story, Steph! Congratulations to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful family you have! Lovely birth story ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a little beauty!! Congratulations, Steph!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a little beauty!! Congratulations, Steph!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...