Saturday, November 30, 2013

Thankful

We hosted Thanksgiving at our house for the first time since we moved here! We usually go to Mike's parents house but with the new addition we knew that it would be too overwhelming to make the trip so we invited everyone here. My mother in law sweetly offered to bring anything and everything and my parents took care of the Turkey and the stuffing. I was only in charge of one thing, the yams-one of my personal favorites! My parents also brought up my grandmothers dining table that is in excellent condition! It is perfect and just what we needed. I don't know why, but for some reason our little family of 4 just really seems to need a huge table.

Mike's grandpa also came to our house and it was really nice to see him. Sawyer has only met him once and that was about a year and a half ago. Sawyer totally loved him and included him in his conversations and play right away. My favorite memory of the whole day was when Sawyer was talking to Mike's grandpa and didn't remember his name and said "hey! Grandpa man!" I keep laughing about it! He then changed from Grandpa man to Papa John and Sawyer spent a lot of the day talking to him and showing off his indoor fishing skills.

The day was really great and I loved spending the time with my family! Blair was very well behaved, however she was going through her 6 week growth spurt so I spent a lot of time sitting in our bedroom feeding her. But, it was nice to spend some quiet time with her throughout the day. She is such a sweet baby.

I'm so thankful for these three

Grandpa's first time meeting Blair, pretty sure he liked her ;)

Both kids look a little grubby here, but how sweet is Sawyer's face?







 The awesome new table! Ignore the mismatched chairs, I am working on that....

I'm so happy I got to use my wedding china. 






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...