Monday, December 9, 2013

Loving Life / Snow Day

I am really loving life right now; I love spending so much time with my kids! Sawyer goes to daycare for about 5 hours a day for 2-3 days a week (usually 3, but sometimes 2) so he is still mostly here with Blair and me. I love the little routine we have going and I wish so much that this could be how it will always be. I would love to be a stay at home mom, but it is not in the cards right now. Maybe we will win the lottery ;)  But really though, I am thankful to have a job that I like and I love the people I work with. I have a pretty good schedule too so I know once the initial shock of going back and leaving Blair for the day wears off, I will still be spending lots of time with her and Sawyer and it will be our new normal. I just know it is going to be realllllly hard and I feel like crying right now at the thought! I keep trying to put it out of my mind and live in the moment and enjoy Sawyer's imagination and stories and Blair's sweet squeaks and smiles.

The week after Thanksgiving was pretty low key. I had my 6 week check up at the beginning of the week and as I wrote on Blair's blog it was at 9:30 am and I somehow had us all ready, looking put together, and on time! And it was raining pretty hard! It was a pretty cold week so we mostly just stayed indoors and puttered around, played with cars and trucks, and relaxed. On Friday it snowed for the first time this season so that was kind of fun to see. Before it started snowing too hard I had gotten us all ready and we walked out the door to take Sawyer to daycare. As I was locking the door Sawyer lost his footing and slipped- soaking his pants, socks, and shoes with snow. He started crying and while I was comforting him I kind of looked around the street and noticed the snow seemed to be falling harder than it was 30 minutes prior. I made the executive decision that we were going to stay home. We went back in the house and that's where we stayed! Soon after that I heard a boom outside and my sweet next door neighbor crashed her car into a tree across the street! I couldn't go out there with the kids but there were lot of people that ran to her and she seemed to be ok, just a little munched up on the car. Poor thing! I was grateful right then that we were in our warm and cozy house!

Blair has been in a good routine lately and I'm knocking on wood that it stays this way! She has been doing a good longer stretch at night, maybe somewhere between 4 and 6 hours and then back to sleep for a couple more. I am loving it! She is smiling now and I couldn't love it more. Up until recently we almost couldn't put her down for more than a minute but lately she seems to be tolerating things more. She will lay on her playmat for awhile, and sit in her bouncy chair for more than a minute at a time. Right now she is sleeping in her swing and has been for the last hour. This is rare people!

I hope this next month goes by extremely slow.


Sawyer drew a piggy



This just makes me laugh











Look! proof of a bottom lip! ;)




She somehow already fits into 3-6 month clothes. This is one of the first things I bought after I found out I was having a girl



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...