Saturday, November 8, 2014

Mish Mash / Soccer, North Carolina, Hooligans

It's been awhile since I had the opportunity to blog and I have a bunch of random photos (old and new) that I wanted to post so I can be caught up!

This past Monday was our last day of soccer, Sawyer loved his weekly soccer practice more than I would have imagined. They got to wear costumes since it was just a few days after Halloween and luckily for Sawyer I randomly grabbed a $5 clearance Spiderman costume one day before I found out they could wear costumes. He was a fireman for Halloween with a big bulky jacket and pants so the Spiderman costume was better for soccer playing. I didn't really get any pictures of this because of the time change and most of the hour was played in the dusk and was practically pitch black for the last 15 minutes.

But I do have some pictures of the previous weeks!









Blair enjoys stuffing her face with snacks during this time


The day before Blair's birthday Sawyer had a field trip to the pumpkin patch that I got to go to and he just looked adorable


The last week of October I went to Asheville, North Carolina, for a business trip, I missed my family so much but I was so busy I didn't have too much time to dwell on it. I had planned my return flight so that I would be home for trick-or-treating on the 31st, but about 6 hours before my the flight I found out the first leg was cancelled (nooooo!) and the next available return flight was 5:15pm (we were supposed to fly out at 6:20am) so I didn't get home until about 11:30pm. Definitely a bummer, but it worked out ok because I got to actually get some solid sleep, and my coworker (who I was traveling with) and I got to have a nice leisurely lunch, shop around the hotel, and take our time getting ready to go. After the rush of the week, it was nice to relax and enjoy the nice hotel and its beautiful views.

The back of the main building of the Omni Grove Park Inn


The front, I actually had my first celebrity sighting right after I took this picture. She did not seem to pleased to be recognized and gave me kind of a dirty look - my coworker and I laughed the whole way home about it. We were (at least I was) delirious at this point.



These fireplaces were so big that people would actually stand in them and have their picture taken

It felt so good to get home to my favorite hooligans. 

Family portrait by Sawyer


I found a bunch of Sawyer's cozy jammies from when he was a baby (he wore theses when he was like 7/8 months old) and they fit Blair perfectly. She has been rocking the boy jammies lately : )

We did a little Thanksgiving craft today

Shark in a basket, definitely a regular occurrence around here

She is a wild child









final product :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...