Sunday, January 5, 2014

Happy New Year!

2013 was a great year for us overall. The first part of the year was a little rocky with Mike being gone for about two months on a work trip. I was pregnant at the time with awful morning sickness and it was really hard for me to have him away, but thankfully we got to see each other on Skype/facetime everyday and Sawyer was really well behaved for me. I am thankful for the quality time Sawyer and I had during that time since he is most often attached at Mike's hip ;) .The summer was great for my boys because they got to go fishing quite a few weekends and great for me because I got to rest and prepare for our upcoming arrival. The end of the year was the highlight with welcoming our wonderful baby Blair and becoming a family of 4! I love being on maternity leave. I really have enjoyed all these days with my kids and I've loved having the holidays off from work.

I am excited for 2014 and all the excitement it will bring! Sawyer will be 4 in three months and that just boggles my mind. 4?!?!?! Crazy! I love how fun our little family is and feel lucky that these people are stuck with me! I hope they feel the same way!

--------

I've always loved New Years, as a kid it was the one day of the year that I could stay up late! My parents would rent us a movie and I was allowed to drink sparkling cider out of a fancy glass. The New Years Eve's I celebrated as a kid are definitely fond memories. :)

Now we are not wild and crazy people, especially with a 3 year old and an infant.  This year I looked at the clock as I climbed into bed and it was 12:12, so yeah, definite party animals don't you think?

On New Years Day we relaxed at home in the morning and Mike let me catch up on some sleep. Sawyer was bouncing off the walls so we decided to get out of the house. We went to Red Robin for lunch and then to our favorite park. Mike and Sawyer went on the carousel and then we let Sawyer go nuts at the playground. Unfortunately the slides were a bit wet but Sawyer did the other park patrons a service by drying it off ;)

Cuties on New Years Eve



My favorite lunch buddies
Can you spot them?

Blair fell asleep once we got to the playground





Still asleep





Now I have mentioned Sawyers obsession with fishing, here he is being a fish going down the slide
 




Happy New Year friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...