Friday, January 24, 2014

This Sweet Family

I'm usually not a mushy person but when it comes to my people I turn to mush. I love my little family more than I can even explain. Sawyer usually doesn't pay much attention to Blair and has been doing his own thing, but the other day we went to the doctors office and I swear I felt like my heart grew.

See? Mush. 

The appointment was for Blair and Sawyer was so sweet about her. He was asking to hold her, "helping" me hold her, and when the doctor came in he proudly said "this is my sister!" Blair pretty much hates check ups and while she was crying he was telling her it was ok. That made me realize just how excited I am for when she is old enough to really interact and play with him. Also, she totally loves him. Today she was sitting in my lap, I was pretending to sleep, and he was "waking me up." She was smiling at him and watching his every move. She loves to observe her brother, I can't wait watch their friendship grow.

Sawyer makes me laugh all the time. He is the funniest boy I know. The other day he was saying something in the car and for the life of me I couldn't understand him. I asked him to repeat what he was saying about 5 times and still had no idea. He finally said "Mommy! You gotta listen to me!"  He also loves to point out "S's" wherever we go.  During the week we drove by Macy's and he said "Mommy there's an S for Sawyer! That's my work." I don't know where he comes up with this stuff!

And Blair. Oh that Blair. She is a hoot. I say that often but she really is. She is the noodliest and snuggliest baby. Her funny little faces and just the way she looks around make me laugh. And....she sleeps! Ever since the week of Christmas she typically sleeps a 6-8 hour stretch at night! There are a few random days where she will wake up before that amount of time but most days during this last month has been good for her (and me) in the sleep department. I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying this! She has adapted really well to daycare and has put herself on a schedule these last two weeks since I've been back at work.

I don't know how Mike and I got so lucky with these kids but we couldn't be more grateful. And these kids have a pretty great dad too. :)

My dad took these in our backyard the day after Thanksgiving, I love how they turned out.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...