Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Wait and See....

This morning I got up like usual and almost immediately felt off. Cramping and such. I called the on call doctor about 6am and he called back at 6:30. I told him what was going on and he wanted me I come into the hospital and get checked. Eeeks! I quickly got dressed and thank goodness mikes mom was staying with us while sawyer recovered from his tummy bug so Mike and I were able to let him sleep while we headed to  the birth center. I was thinking this can't be it,  I'm only 35 weeks and 2 days!

After checking in and all that I was strapped to some monitors, and sure enough contractions were going on as I suspected. There was a shift change and the new on call doc came to check me and I was 3 cm and contractions were about 3 minutes apart. I asked the doc what the chances were that this baby would be coming today and she said it was a fair chance. The close contractions lasted for a few hours and were pretty painful.

At the next check I was 4cm.  The OR nurse even came in to introduce herself and talk to me about what would happen if they admitted me today.I started panicking in my head.  I'm not prepared!!!! After awhile the contractions slowed down to about 6-7 min apart and instead of checking me again to possibly aggravate things they wanted to send me home. That was actually fine by me! That bed was uncomfortable! We got home around 1pm and I've had contractions on and off but nothing too bad. Now we wait and see! Ahhhh!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...