Friday, July 6, 2012

It Finally Happened / Random / First Movie

It finally happened. Sawyer climbed out of his crib.

Last Friday Sawyer requested to go to bed at 7:30, his normal time, so I put him to bed, he went down easily and I figured that was that. I was wrong. Sawyers room is right off the family room so I can see his door from the couch, and at about 7:55 I hear his door pop open and look over to see him turning off his fan and pulling open the door. He looked at me and said "Hi!"

Mike and I were floored. I think we were speechless for a good 90 seconds, not knowing whether to laugh or cry. I didn't even hear a thud. But the fact that he turned off his fan (which is only used for bedtime) is just hilarious to me. He walked out like it was no big deal and just gathered up some toys and started to play.

Since this was never an issue before, his crib wasn't on the lowest setting. So we let Sawyer play for another hour while Mike lowered the crib. I think he could still get out, but so far so good. I hope he forgot!

Having a snack the next day, I love his hair

Watching one of his little shows. Current favs: Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Little Einsteins, and Jake and the Neverland Pirates. He likes to say "ARRR" like a pirate and point out "The hook" (Captain Hook)
 

Sleeping soundly

On Wednesday, the 4th, we took Sawyer to his first movie, Madagascar 3. He did really well. He probably only sat down for about 10-15 minutes, then he was just standing the rest of the time, but he was watching it, snacking, and playing with his Thomas train. He started to get a little whiney towards the end, so we left before it was over, maybe 15 minutes or so before it ended I would guess. I still call it a success. (I am assuming they made it back to New York??)
 

Anyway, that is our little catch up. Mike took Sawyer to the river the day before our movie day, I will post those soon, super fun Daddy/Sawyer day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...