Monday, April 7, 2014

Sawyer Jude turns 4 / Oregon Coast Aquarium

First off, I can't believe it has been 4 years since I went to the hospital for my induction, April 5th 2010. That is CRAZY. 4 years since my little man came crying into the world! 4 years since I became a mom! And what a wonderful, amazing, challenging, rewarding, and fulfilling 4 years it has been! I can't wait to see Sawyer continue to grow and learn, I love being his mom. He is truly awesome and I love him so much it hurts!

For the big 4th birthday, we decided not to have a party this year. I felt kind of sad about it, but I think we made the right choice. The plan was to go to the Oregon Coast Aquarium and then back to our house for pizza, cake, and presents. He woke up that morning and asked if Santa came, just a bit of confusion there.... :)   We let him open two gifts that morning, one of which was a new movie he could watch on the drive, Alvin and the Chipmunks - Chipwrecked - if anyone is wondering (he calls it Chip-punks).  My parents were in town for the big day and we met up with Sawyers pal Lucy and her parents and caravaned to Newport. We stopped for lunch at the Rogue Brewery and Sawyer told the waitress "I want a peanut butter sandwich-NO jelly!" The boy knows what he wants. The sandwich came with chips and he was basically in heaven. Carb kid.

Lunch kind of took a long time, but afterwards we were all full and happy. Sawyer was so excited to get to the aquarium, it was hard to keep him contained while we waiting in line to pay.  Once we were through he was able to run wild and he pretty much had the time of his life. He LOVES fish more than anything in the world and he was loving it all. He was screaming with excitement once we got the shark tunnel. It was awesome to see how excited he was. I'm so glad we went.

My parents told him he could pick out anything he wanted from the gift shop. He spotted a stuffed shark in the display window that he wanted when we first got there. After we had gone through the exhibits we went to the gift shop, and he tried to climb into the display to get to the shark. My mom and I directed him to the back of the store where they had more stuffed animals and we got him the shark he wanted. Then he spotted it. He requested the GIGANTIC shark and immediately the first one he had picked out wasn't good enough. He wanted the huge shark and wouldn't take no for an answer. The gift shop employees even got everyone to sing him Happy Birthday. It was totally sweet.

He fell asleep snuggling the shark on the drive home, pretty cute. Once at home he and Lucy played so nicely together and had fun dancing to the Kids Pop channel on Pandora. Blair was kind of cranky that day, but she really was a trooper all things considering. It was a long and out of the ordinary day for her! She fell asleep at 7:30.

Sawyer loved his "fish cake" and was so excited to open all his presents that I honestly think he forgot what all he got by the next day. He was so focused on tearing open the wrapping paper on everything. So funny.

Overall, it was a perfect day for my big 4 year old. He had the best time!

Even though we didn't have a "party" I wanted to make it special for him
(that is a 40th birthday sign with the "0" taken off, I had to get creative)




engrossed in "Chipwrecked"

Rainy day, just like the day he was born actually!

Party hat at lunchtime

Typical of Blair and me

Arrival


Disclaimer, the rain and the fact that I had to wear a hood is why my hair looks flat and terrible in all these pictures





I love her chubby little hands


 He was loving this digging area
Thrilled to find a bone

quick break from digging to check out some fish





and back to digging






He wanted me to take a picture of him and this shark (it is in the bottom corner)



Little Miss Cranky finally fell asleep












it was pretty rainy and windy out, so I ran to the car to get some umbrellas



she was a short napper this day

but so cute


Attemped another family picture but Sawyer was already off and running






the time of his life

not impressed






a friend of mine pointed out to me that this was most likely meant as a Happy Retirement cake, so I am totally cracking up that this was my 4 year olds birthday cake




So cool with his new shark tooth necklace from Lucy and her parents




So excited about One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish



 I love his face in this one











pushing around his pal in his new dump truck


Happy 4th Birthday Sawyer Jude!

(these pictures are a mix of mine and my dad's, have to credit the other photog! Thank's dad!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...