Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Daddy is back / Mowing the Lawn / Easter

Trying to catch up on here, I used to be so on top of my blogging! I find myself trying to be more in the moment lately rather than trying hard (and not being successful) to capture perfect pictures. Of course I still take pictures all the time, but I am working on having a better work/life balance. Not that picture taking is work, but sometimes I feel it takes away from enjoying the moment, does that make sense?

Anyway, two Fridays ago Mike came back from his looooong 8 week work trip in Cincinnati. We were so excited to go pick him up from the airport on a Friday night! He will be home mostly for now on, but still doing some traveling back and forth, but the new schedule is much better for us. Sawyer is so happy to have his dad back, and I am too!

First day back and mowing the lawn was on the agenda! Mike was in the garage getting the mower ready and Sawyer was itching to go outside, I told him that Daddy was getting ready and would be outside in just a minute.  Sawyer insisted on wearing his backpack while waiting for Mike, I guess he thought that wearing a backpack helped him be ready? No idea, but it was so cute. He also got his noise cancelling headphones ready, since the lawnmower is pretty loud. About a 2 minutes into the ordeal, he knocked on the sliding glass door asking me to get HIS lawnmower, and it was JUST about the cutest thing ever.

I love how the headphones kind of squish his cheeks forward :)






 Super spoiled by the Easter Bunny!

I intended for us to color eggs the day before, but it didn't work out. We hung around the house for most of the day, then went to the park because the weather was amazing! In the afternoon we had a little egg hunt on the deck, I didn't get an pics of that unfortunately, but he loved it all :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...